We Influence is a leading digital marketing agency based near Cheshire Oaks, just outside of Chester. We are a fast-growing digital agency looking for a Director of Earned Media who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative culture.
As Director of Earned Media, you will be responsible for managing the SEO and Content teams. You will have a strong knowledge of SEO and Content Marketing, and be adept at running digital marketing campaigns for a range of B2B and B2C clients.
You will have 2 primary responsibilities:
1) The Team
The management and development of a team of talented SEO and Content professionals, helping them to deliver exceptional results for a range of clients across multiple sectors. You will provide guidance in the development of client strategies, justification of client investment, management of workload and will help them to overcome of any issues relating to their clients. You will also be expected to seek opportunities for the team to further their knowledge and improve their skills, as well as completing monthly 1-2-1 interviews to assess how they’re getting on with their day to day work.
2) The Department
You will play a key role in pitching for new clients, directing the strategy the team will take over the course of the campaign. You will be able to demonstrate thought leadership in the fields of SEO and Content Marketing, active in industry conversation and confident to be a public face of both your department and We Influence via social media, events, podcasts and other promotional/marketing channels. Good presentation skills are beneficial, both for pitching and reporting duties.
Agency experience is beneficial, preferably with a track record of delivering results for ecommerce websites. You will also work closely with other departments to deliver results across performance channels like PPC and Affiliates.
Managing the SEO and Content Marketing teams, supporting them in their day-to-day duties, helping plan their workloads and improving their digital marketing skills. Leading the implementation of SEO strategies to improve performance in organic search. Improving the SEO processes and knowledge throughout the team and company as a whole.
Maintaining client relationships through clear communication of work and reporting of results.
- 3 years+ experience within SEO & content.
- Experience using industry standard tools, such as Screaming Frog, Pagespeed Insights,
- Google Analytics & Google Search Console.
- Proficient with Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel.
- A desire to help the team develop and improve processes.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience in digital PR.
- Basic knowledge of Paid Search.
- Experience using a variety of CMS platforms, including Magento and Shopify.
- Particular experience delivering results for ecommerce websites.
Competitive package on application; will reflect the level of experience required for the role
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + your birthday off
- Company pension scheme (post probation)
- Free parking on site
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- 2x company events per year
- Friday finish at 4pm
- As much tea & coffee as you like
Director of Strategy